Thursday, October 20, 2022

Should I join a Lineage Society?

 What is a lineage society?  It's a group that has specific requirements in order to join them.  There are many out there.  The one I'm looking at is DAR or Daughters of the American Revolution.  

I have known a few people that have applied and been accepted into the DAR but I haven't taken the time to do so myself.  I have good intentions but I lack follow-through.  My one son in high school has expressed an interest in being involved with the Sons of the American Revolution.  His interest had me seeking more information and realizing that there is a National Society of the Children of the American Revolution youth organization.  As I was going through the requirements to join each group I realized they were virtually the same.  I would need to connect us to our Revolutionary War Soldier.  Since I have completed a lot of research on my family tree, mind as well use it to join a group.  

So I guess my answer is yes, I should join a lineage society.  I better get to researching more and getting my documentation together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment