Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Wordless Wednesday...with a few words. Troy Waller Bussey

Troy Waller Bussey (1909-1991)
My Maw-maw (Great Grandmother)

This is one of those photo booth photos.  My grandmother has the original and I took a scan of it during one of my visits back to Georgia.  This is my great grandmother Troy Eugene Waller Bussey.  She told me once that she she was named after the doctor that delivered her.  She was the second of the nine children born to Charlie Henry Waller and Ina Myrtle Brown and the oldest of the girls.  I remember her very well.  She lived in Southwest Fulton County near the Lakewood Fairgrounds.  She took me on my first ever bus ride.  We took the bus to Candler Drug store where she could show me off as her great grand daughter and to buy me a milkshake.  She told me lots of stories about her childhood, that I wish I could fully remember.  I miss her all the time.  She passed away when I was 14; she had Alzheimer's disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment