Friday, October 10, 2014

Swimming in the DNA pool and trying not to drown.

Woah Nellie!  If you recall I uploaded my Raw DNA files to gedmatch.com and once it processed I have already been contacted by a match.  Upon the recommendation of a friend (waves to Sarah M) I also transferred my files over to familytreedna.com and now I'm really swimming in the DNA pool!  I've really got to wrap my pea-sized brain around all this scientific data.  I'm not sure I'll ever really understand all these sequences and segment and cM.  I don't have the foggiest clue as to what is going on, but I sure am excited about it.

I don't know how much time I have to devote to understanding this DNA thing, but by golly I sure do want to get a better grasp at what's going on.

The only thing that I've been able to determine without a doubt is that I'm 100% European descent. The only thing that pops up that is extremely fascinating is the stuff over on gedmatch.com.  I don't know how, but it's showing up (hundreds of) thousands of years ago...pygmy.  And that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment